ESO plans for 2017 a high calibre scientific meeting that will be the foremost Stroke Conference in Europe. Our target audience includes:
• ESO fellows and members
• Other health care professionals (nurses, therapists, public health etc.)
• Key international thought leaders in stroke
• Scientists/researchers (basic, translational, clinical)
• Patients, careers and patient organisations
The mission of ESO
The ESO’s major objective is to improve and optimise the management of stroke in Europe by providing medical education to healthcare professionals and the lay public in Europe. By offering best practice approaches, the ESO’s goal is to harmonise stroke management in Europe. The ESO focuses on European level projects.
THE ESO IS DEDICATED TO THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES:
1. To promote awareness, management, teaching and research in all aspects of stroke;
2. To develop and promote public policies to reduce the number of deaths by stroke and to improve the care of stroke victims and the quality of life of stroke victims.
3. To reduce the global burden of stroke throughout Europe
4. To develop and promote professional and public education;
5. To develop and promote other appropriate activities such as fundraising and prevention programs;
6. To develop, promote, and coordinate international teaching programs through national/regional organisations;
7. To advise and guide on fundraising skills in order to enable national foundations and societies to finance a greater level and range of activities;
8. To foster the development of an international communications system by encouraging the regional activities of organisations, stroke networks, foundations and organisations, as they operate within the goals and objectives of the organisation.